Neck and shoulder pain commonly occurs together but can occur singly as well.
What causes neck pain?
The most common causes of neck pain are:
- Poor posture
- Muscle strain
There can be a more serious reason for your neck pain so you should consult a doctor immediately if the pain is accompanied by.
- Loss or strength in your arms or hands
- Shooting pain in the shoulder or down one arm
What causes shoulder pain?
The most common causes of shoulder pain are:
- -Strain from over exertion
- -Frozen shoulder
- -Pinched Nerves
Neck & shoulder pain symptoms
- A small knot where the pain is being experienced
- Pain in the area
- Headaches may be experienced
- Limited movement
Neck & shoulder pain treatment
- Heat packs are an excellent way to help alleviate the pain. It is recommended to apply for 15 – 20 minutes every two or three hours a day.
- Trigger point massage, especially in the case of shoulder pain is an excellent way to massage out the knots. An orthopaedic pillow can help with neck pain. Headaches may be experienced Exercises recommended by a physiotherapist can also help with neck and shoulder pain